- The Road to Kyoto Butokuden -
Congratulations to Steve from the US!
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Win a Trip to Japan competition. Out of the eight nominees only one could be named our winner and it happened to be Steve, a 3rd Dan Kendoka from the United States. Soon he will board a flgiht directly to Kansai to have a holiday in Kyoto.
He will have the opportuntiy to explore Kyoto, train at the Butokuden and tour Tozando's store and workshop. Finally the trip will culminate with our annual Renseikai where Steve can train alongside some of the very best kendoka in Japan. Famous Sensei and Senshu lead the session, whilst eager eager Kenshi from across the country for a chance to take part in this unique keikokai.
Tozando Renseikai 2017
The last WIN A TRIP TO JAPAN X event was a tremendous success offering the participants a once in a lifetime opportunity to train with world class budo-ka such as Kiwada Sensei, Nishimura Sensei, Matsuwaki-Sensei, Yamamoto Sensei and Kozuno-Sensei. As can be seen on
Tozando’s Youtube channel
, the winner had a great time in Kyoto and the trip is destined to become a lifelong memory.
It was a short but intense experience for last year's winner, Veronika Orash - coming from Switzerland - for a packed 3 days of training and international friendship around Budo practice.
Veronika Orasch (Switzerland), winner of the 10th Edition of Tozando's "Win a Trip to Japan" Experience.
On the right picture, she poses with (right to left) Nishimura Hidehisa (2017 All Japan Champion), Kiwada Daiki (2012 All Japan Men's Champion), Kozuno Sensei (Okayama), Veronika's companion Matthieu, Matsuwaki Sensei (Tokyo), Yamamoto Mariko Sensei (2011 and 2012 All Japan Women's Champion) and Hayashi Takahiko Sensei.
After a warm-up session with the Tozando Kendo team at Shiga prefectural Budokan, the next day they set out for the legendary old Kyoto Butokuden for an intensive boot camp training with lots of prestigious guests. Amongst those was Nishimura Hidehisa Sensei, All-Japan Champion and member of the winning Men's team at the latest World Championships.
Though the competition is over for another year we will be holding the event again next year, so if you are itnereste din how the competition works please take a look below.
Who is eligible?
How is the winner selected?
- At the end of each week, a customer will be randomly selected as a nominee for the final drawing in December.
- The nominees will be informed by email for the final lottery and his/her name will be published on the website.
- If the selected customer would like to surrender the nomination, he/she inform us so and another customer will be selected randomly, this process is repeated as necessary.
- We will draw the final winner at random from the list of nominees in the end of December.
How long does this WIN A TRIP TO JAPAN campaign last?
Between the 17th of
October and the 5th of December 2018*. The winner will be informed by email and the result will be published on the website by the beginning of December 2018.The current scheduled period for the winners to visit Japan is from the beginning of January 2019 or, should a Kendoka win, around the 22nd and 23rd of December so they can participate in our Renseikai. (Please note that this date might change due to unforeseen circumstances).
- A Japanese budo experience in line with the art you follow (our Renseikai for Kendoka)
- Plane ticket (round trip for one person)
- Pickup at Kyoto train station
- Accommodation: Ryokan or a guesthouse in Kyoto 5 days/4 nights for one person
- One-day bus passes to use the Kyoto City Bus network for five days
- Tour of Tozando Headquarters (Nishijin main store and Kendo Bogu workshop), Shogoin store, Kyoto Budogu Store
**Tozando reserves the right to make sudden changes to the terms and conditions above if needed.
Winners of WIN A TRIP TO JAPAN contest
Have a closer look at what they experienced while they were in Tozando and Kyoto!
Tuan Anh Hoang