- The Road to Kyoto Butokuden -
Will you win the experience of a lifetime?
The last WIN A TRIP TO JAPAN X event was a tremendous success offering the participants a once in a lifetime opportunity to train with world class budo-ka such as Kiwada Sensei, Nishimura Sensei, Matsuwaki-Sensei, Yamamoto Sensei and Kozuno-Sensei. As can be seen on
Tozando’s Youtube channel
, the winner had a great time in Kyoto and the trip is destined to become a lifelong memory.
It was a short but intense experience for last year's winner, Veronika Orash - coming from Switzerland - for a packed 3 days of training and international friendship around Budo practice.
Veronika Orasch (Switzerland), winner of the 10th Edition of Tozando's "Win a Trip to Japan" Experience.
On the right picture, she poses with (right to left) Nishimura Hidehisa (2017 All Japan Champion), Kiwada Daiki (2012 All Japan Men's Champion), Kozuno Sensei (Okayama), Veronika's companion Matthieu, Matsuwaki Sensei (Tokyo), Yamamoto Mariko Sensei (2011 and 2012 All Japan Women's Champion) and Hayashi Takahiko Sensei.
After a warm-up session with the Tozando Kendo team at Shiga prefectural Budokan, the next day they set out for the legendary old Kyoto Butokuden for an intensive boot camp training with lots of prestigious guests. Amongst those was Nishimura Hidehisa Sensei, All-Japan Champion and member of the winning Men's team at the latest World Championships.
Last time, the winner was selected among customers who purchased Kendo products, but this time, customers who buy Iaido, Aikido, Naginata or Kyudo products may also apply! If you are selected as the winner, just tell us what form of martial arts you would like to practice and whom you would like to train with, and we will try our best to make your dreams come true.
Now it can be you this year! Entry is simple: Just order any product from the Tozando group (
Tozando, Mitsuboshi, Kendo-Bogu) by December 5th 2018 and you will be automatically entered into the contest.
There is no minimum set order, so even a small $10.00 purchase will give you a chance to win the experience of a lifetime!
We hope our guests enjoyed themselves, and brought home some precious insights for the benefit of their practice, as well as taking to heart Tozando President Kimura's mission to help spread and promote Budo around the world.
Who is eligible?
How is the winner selected?
- At the end of each week, a customer will be randomly selected as a nominee for the final drawing in the end of December 5th 2018.
- The nominees will be informed by email for the final lottery and his/her name will be published on the website.
- If the selected customer would like to surrender the nomination, he/she inform us so and another customer will be selected randomly, this process is repeated as necessary.
- We will draw the final winner at random from the list of nominees in the end of December.
How long does this WIN A TRIP TO JAPAN campaign last?
Between the 17th of
October and the 5th of December 2018*. The winner will be informed by email and the result will be published on the website by the beginning of December 2018.The current scheduled period for the winners to visit Japan is from the beginning of January 2019 or, should a Kendoka win, around the 22nd and 23rd of December so they can participate in our Renseikai. (Please note that this date might change due to unforeseen circumstances).
- A Japanese budo experience in line with the art you follow (our Renseikai for Kendoka)
- Plane ticket (round trip for one person)
- Pickup at Kyoto train station
- Accommodation: Ryokan or a guesthouse in Kyoto 5 days/6 nights for one person
- One-day bus passes to use the Kyoto City Bus network for six days
- Tour of Tozando Headquarters (Nishijin main store and Kendo Bogu workshop), Shogoin store, Kyoto Budogu Store
**Tozando reserves the right to make sudden changes to the terms and conditions above if needed.
Winners of WIN A TRIP TO JAPAN contest
Have a closer look at what they experienced while they were in Tozando and Kyoto!
Tuan Anh Hoang